9 reasons every business needs a website
HERE ARE 9 REASONS WHY:
- You are listed in the Yellow pages because you want to be found by prospective clients, right? People are increasingly looking on the Internet to find suppliers of quality products & services. If you’re not there you will miss out (& you can say so much more on a website).
- Expand your customer base. The Internet gives you access to customers in ALL demographic and geographic areas. Your marketing dollar will give you much greater potential coverage.
- Initiate dialogue. Give away some information for free, people will learn to trust you, and then they will talk to you about your product or service.
- Credibility. Establish your reputation; define your image.
- Disseminate information. Do you have Shareholders, Bankers, Investors, Stakeholders? A website is a great way to get detailed info to specific groups.
- e-Processes. Save yourself some money. People can book appointments, schedule deliveries, etc online. A website is also a great way to transmit information at very little cost. Information like: timetables; price lists; financial reports; e-books; CAD drawings; specifications etc
- e-Business. If you have retail goods you can sell them online - all over the world, any time day or night.
- The Internet is on 24 hours, 7 days a week. That means that your business is advertising 24/7. Think how cost effective that would be.
- Enhance your existing marketing and sales campaigns. You could attract customers with online competitions; interactive questionnaires, etc
We were recently asked: "What if a website is not making money? Does a business still need one? Isn't that a waste of money?
The reply was:
Not all our customers require their websites to make money - some have different objectives for their site :- e.g. enhancing their business processes; brand/image building; communication with their suppliers etc.
Regardless of the objective, there should always be a measurable return on investment.
Money is only wasted when the measured return doesn't achieved target.
That is usually caused by one of:
- The structure, design &/or content of the website
- Ineffective promotional activates surrounding the website
- The entire business model.
This doesn't mean that the business shouldn't have a website, just that it should be executed better.